Corsham Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version
An information leaflet about the Corsham Neighbourhood Plan and the referendum will be delivered to all households at the beginning of November. A copy of the leaflet is also available here or from the Town Hall
We are delighted to say that the Independent Examiner’s Report recommends that the draft Corsham Neighbourhood Plan proceeds to referendum (subject to a number of amendments). Wiltshire Council has drawn up a schedule of modifications to be actioned and published a Decision Statement. The date of the Referendum is Thursday 14 November 2019. All registered electors of Corsham parish are eligible to vote and polling cards will be issued by Wiltshire Council. If more than 50% of those voting, vote in favour of the Plan, it will be adopted and become formal Planning Policy. It will then be used by the Town Council and Wiltshire Council when making recommendations and decisions about planning applications. It will also be an important guide to anybody wishing to develop in Corsham.
The Corsham Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement and the examiner's report are available to be downloaded here:
Wiltshire Council has published the Notice of Referundum which can be viewed here.
Wiltshire Council has issued an Information Statement which can be viewed here. Some extracts from it are below:
A referendum relating to the Corsham Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 14 November 2019. The question which will be asked in the referendum is ‘Do you want Wiltshire Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Corsham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if:-
• He or she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of Wiltshire Council whose area is in the referendum area; and • His or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected during normal opening hours at:
• Corsham Library, Springfield Community Campus, Beechfield Road, Corsham, SN13 9DN
• Town Hall, High Street, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 0EZ
• Monkton Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1ER
The documents are also available for public viewing on Wiltshire Council’s website at: http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planning-neighbourhood-latest-news
The specified documents are:-
- The referendum version of the Corsham Neighbourhood Plan;
- Referendum Information Statement;
- The report of the independent examiner into the draft Neighbourhood Plan;
- Copies of the written representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- A Decision Statement of the Local Planning Authority’s satisfaction that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the provision made by or under Sections 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004;
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum;
- Map of the Corsham referendum area.